Welcome

Eat real food. Be sad about a lack of wine. Be sad about about a lack of sugar. But feel better. And consider how awesome that is and how awesome it is to have people with you to enjoy the experience all the more.

Please SHARE. Share your daily food journal. Share recipes. Share what you love. Share what you hate.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Apples are Awesome - Variety is Hard.

I had 3 apples yesterday.

THEY ARE SO EASY. I like easy. Especially when there is no time to be had.

I want my Paleo diet to vary - but I am finding that so very, very, hard. I do it in half-steps. Nay, strike that, quarter-steps.

I wish there was a vegetable that were as awesomely easy as an apple. Bell peppers come close. Carrots I stay away from... I hate celery... biting into an onion doesn't sound rad.

Today I have pre-chopped cauliflower... I try to fight the good fight.

2 comments:

  1. Apples are very yummy but have a ton of carbs and fructose. If your goal is leaning out Robb Wolf says to eat only 50g of carbs a day and 1/2 of those carbs should be post workout.

    Most large apples are at least 30g of carbs.

    Have you listened to Robb Wolf's podcast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - I realize that about apples... sigh. I need to find more easy options... Vegetables. I love the veggies - they just require more prep - even if the prep is as simple as cutting it can still be annoying. No I haven't listened to Robb Wolf's podcast, but now I am assuming I should?

    ReplyDelete