Welcome

Eat real food. Be sad about a lack of wine. Be sad about about a lack of sugar. But feel better. And consider how awesome that is and how awesome it is to have people with you to enjoy the experience all the more.

Please SHARE. Share your daily food journal. Share recipes. Share what you love. Share what you hate.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Week 4

Update.

Still no drinking - which makes Annette a sad girl, but eh, I am determined to make the 6 weeks.
What I like about this challenge is that I am learning A LOT and there is a lot that I still want to research.
This week I am going to CUT OUT the almond butter - it is WAY too easy for me to over-do. In general I am cutting back on nuts - but nuts aren't as easy for me to go crazy on like the temptress almond butter. I am also cutting back on apples. Which means that I am upping my protein - which means I need to prepare more - which means planning - which is no fun. Last night I was cooking some ground turkey - and about 3 people came into the kitchen right as the raw meat slid out of it's casing. They all stared at the pan. My friend Doug said "Um... enjoy your meat, Annette..." Awesome.

Sidenote - CUMIN is rad.

2 comments:

  1. im doing the same thing--only instead of almond butter im cutting out my requisite 1/3 c. mixed nuts, dates, dried cherries & raisins. i over do that just about everyday...mainly bc i eat it when im not hungry but it sounds/tastes so damn good.

    i do kind of like the fact that the most tempting part of my diet is glorified trail mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. right! i know - I am also taking out goji berries for the reasons you listed above :)

    ReplyDelete